07 September 2009

He Keeps Talking About Work!

It's good to get a little frustration out.

Oh, it is very good to get back behind the drone of a liquid crystal display and the stickiness of a keyboard that's about to go out on me. I appreciate the patience to all six of my readers.

No movement yet.

Obviously the preoccupation of landing square on my feet has distracted me from my third-first love. But that just builds more material for posts. But the overriding issue remains the forefront.

So what does a grown-up like me reflect on? It's reflective moments like these that create an acute focus of desire, passion, aptitude, experience and challenge of skill that meld into a definitive answer. The answer is simple...now. The question is: what do you want to be when you grow up?

I can't be a dinosaur; that one has been taken. I want to be a security professional. And I know why. The experience and challenges previously achieved and hurdled affirmed that now more than ever, we need more security professionals. That's all there is to it. Just like we need smart teachers who are concerned about the growth of students, just like we need nurses that are passionate about doing the job right the first time, just like we need people to say what they mean and mean what they say, we need people at the proverbial fence.

Granted, I am becoming more and more embedded with Spook Central. But the news that breaks here, breaks everywhere. The Wall Street Journal tracks information security contractors like they are the new Twitter or Google. POTUS want a czar (bad example; government wants a czar for everything). And users still log on with unpatched workstations without an anti-virus program just waiting for the next event to "surprise" us . With this push, I would love to get in on this sort of action. But not because it's fashionable.

I think this education I have had for these three-plus has primed me for the next challenge. We have a baseline of where things lie and where things are supposed to be. A little training and certification has been a benefit. But it's time to see how the levers are operated on the other side of commerce and business.

I boil inside every day for the next opportunity to do good and defend and counterattack and prove the difference-maker. It's unfortunate that I don't have enough years under my belt to control the bubbling and heat and steam from the kettled reaction every morning because it sometimes manifest to cranky, misdirected anger. But maybe I have time to figure it out. Maybe.

This will weigh heavy on mind and heart until it is resolved. With the focus, I know what I want. With the experience behind, I know what I can do without. With the optimism projected to the universe, the address should resolve itself soon.

Lessons Learned, my three things.
1) On the Eve's eve of The Admiral being enshrined into The Hall of Fame, I do agree with Jeff Garcia - the NBA did screw the pooch on a PR goldmine.
2) Oh, Corpus Christi City council, you guys are the gift that keeps on giving. Now, you can put down an incomplete for not doing your homework after you were elected. You stay classy...
3) College football, as much as I love it, is the biggest Catch-22 known to modern times. Either I shell out have a paycheck for a lousy ticket in the nosebleeds or my ears start bleeding from pay-by-play announcers and Kenny Chesney every commercial break with TV coverage (even worse, I could only find the only other college-football-associated song unbearable for ears). Oh, I missed you so, college football!

As I have been telling everyone that asks: any change, I will certainly let someone know. Until then, talk later.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back, and glad you feel you have some direction. I wish you the best.

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. dear Daniel,

    I attempted at reading this but i have a short attention span so i read the first line of like a couple and looked at the pictures. it looks really cool.

    Your bestest buddy,
    Brandon

    ReplyDelete