09 October 2009

Life in the Time of Change

(This is Meli here, the last of the contributors. I was recently told that I too would be joining this dying breed unless I stepped up and posted something soon. With that quaint warning, I bring you my third post.)

Drum roll......


Change is the only constant in life.

We know this.

If you have been following Post Thirty Post (PTP) for any length of time, you probably know that a major life change may be in the works, and that at the very least, a minor change will surely happen.

For those of you who haven't kept up, our esteemed PTP leading man's current contract job will be ending soon.

For every door that closes, a new one opens.

This is exciting. This is cool for us. We are opening ourselves up to the possibility of anything and anywhere...moving to a new city or staying here with a new job...either is good...as long as it feels right.

Again, this is great stuff. It makes you focus and really take a look at your life and ask yourself once again, "What do I want?" and "What am I doing to achieve my goals?"

It also makes you see how grateful you are with what you currently have. I look around and I see family, friends, and a real sense of community here in Corpus. I have a great job that allows me to do what I love on a daily basis. I get to have an amazing life partner with me on this journey. I am blessed. No doubt.

What has occurred to me though recently is that I have somehow gotten into a
holding pattern of "stuckness" while awaiting this impending change.

Because we may move, I have been reluctant to start new things. I have been stalling out on new initiatives and not continuing other projects for fear that it may all be for naught, if we leave.

This cautious approach is no longer working for me.

The notion of putting life on hold, be it during a time of flux or not, flies in the face of the very core of LIVING.

It may sound sensible to some, as it did for me initially. After all, it is reasonable not to make major commitments and then have to drop the ball midstream. I would be letting people down and wasting a lot of people's time (including my own). Again, I am a huge fan of all things logical, and this is a sound argument.

However, I have to acknowledge the very real consequence of this life approach.

Simply stated: it is not working.

Perhaps it isn't working because I am not embracing the initial premise: change is inevitable.

We do not wait for change to happen before we act. We act and we make change happen.

With this post I am resolved to finding that balance again.

Life is always about living.

Till next time,

Peace.

1 comment:

  1. This blog gives me the tools and inspiration to show you how to change my life. I can learn how to make permanent and positive changes. I am are convinced that basic human needs are the same everywhere. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete