01 December 2009

Making scents of it all

They are everywhere these days, the ghosts of my boyfriends past. I smell them on the subway, in the store, and while I am waiting for my flight at the airport. I remember their smell more strongly than I remember their kiss. One wore Acqua di Gio. That smell brings me back to Aeros hockey games and watching sci fi while eating Pei Wei. Another wore Obsession, and it brings me back to softball games and my first heartache. What is it about those scents that I can't forget? They are marked on my olfactory memory for all time it seems. Perhaps it is my fault since one of my favorite things to do with my significant other is to bury my nose in their neck and inhale their scent.

Is my scent in someone's vault? Do men even pay attention to the signature scent of a woman? I tend to believe that men forget their exes (and their scents) as soon as another warm body comes along, but maybe there is someone out there who thinks of me when Amarige walks by? I'd like to think so :)

No comments:

Post a Comment